This week was really fun because I got to scan the second half of the Frankish Letters Book 2 in the Special Collections Room. This was the first time I got to use the scanner and it was super interesting to learn how to scan and all the various issues that have come up in relation to it. I learned which settings, and in what order I should do things so that Adobe wouldn’t crash or have any errors. Other than the occasional crash it went pretty smoothly for me and I got to finish the book! I got to test my theory that the writing on the pages would be more visible if we started using white paper behind them rather than black paper. It turns out that it actually does make it clearer to read the words. It was also really cool to spend more time in the Special Collections Room. Now I get to start checking, matching, and renaming the files I scanned.
More to come!